Reservation Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply and are incorporated into contracts between The Big Blue Hotel and its guests for reservations and the use of accommodation and ancillary services.
We/Us means The Big Blue Hotel
You/Your means all guests using hotel accommodation and its ancillary services
Guest(s) means the person with whom The Big Blue Hotel has contracted and the other persons who are permitted to use the accommodation and ancillary services with him/her.
- At check in we will verify your booking, and the rates quoted to you are based on a specific arrival date and length of stay. If you choose to depart early, the rate quoted is subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel/modify reservations where it appears that you have engaged in fraudulent, or inappropriate activity, or under circumstances where it appears that the reservation contains or resulted from a mistake or error.
- Payment – payment is due on arrival unless an advance purchase rate has been reserved. No pre-payments may be made within 3 days of arrival. Please be advised effective 21st March 2022 Big Blue Hotel will be operating cashless throughout the hotel, most major credit/debit cards are accepted at reception and in the Blues Bar & Brasserie.
- Rates – rates displayed are subject to availability and current at the time of reservation, Rates are dependent on occupancy and therefore only valid for the occupancy entered and shown in a confirmation notice. Advance purchase rates require a full non-refundable and non-transferable payment, and we advise you take out insurance cover for this. Subject to availability advance purchase rate must be reserved a minimum of three days prior to the arrival date. When booking advance purchase/prepay rates by telephone or through a third party the credit/debit card used for payment of the reservation/s must be presented on arrival for additional verification and card security, failure to present the card may result in accommodation being refused and a refund of the deposit is at the our discretion.
- Non Arrival – In the event of your non-arrival, the first night’s room rate will be chargeable to the credit/debit card provided by you in the booking process. In the event of non-arrival on advance purchase rates the full amount of the booking will be taken from the credit/debit card. Rooms are held for 1 night, failure to arrive on the specified date will forfeit any subsequent night/s.
- Facilities – All facilities, including parking, are subject to availability, and cannot be prior reserved or guaranteed.
- New Year period – Unless staying on the hotel’s New Year Residential Package, then accommodation will be on a bed & breakfast basis only. The Blues Brasserie will be unavailable for dinner service and entertainment is not included.
- Family rooms accommodate two adults and two children, by prior arrangement and our agreement a further child may be accommodated. Family rooms are recommended for children up to twelve years of age or under 5ft in height – please note that the children’s bunk beds in family rooms have a sleeping space of approximately 5ft (6ft in deluxe family rooms). The maximum number of adults in any room is strictly two.
- Parking – An accommodation reservation at the Hotel does not guarantee a parking space within the Hotel’s car park. Parking cannot be reserved and is subject to availability. Parking is at the vehicle owners own risk and the Hotel does not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or claim to a vehicle or item/s left in vehicles. Car parking is chargeable at a discounted rate of £10.00 per vehicle per night (12 midday – 12 midday) when booking your stay direct with the hotel (higher charges are applicable when booking through a third party).
- Special Requests – We will make every reasonable effort to accommodate your special requests, however on occasion, it may not be possible to do so. We cannot accept conditional reservation i.e. a booking specified to be conditional on the fulfilment of a special request.
- Check In/Check Out – Rooms are available from 3pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure, but exact check in times cannot be guaranteed. A luggage room is available – items are left at the owners own risk and the Hotel does not accept any liability for items left. Late check out till 13:00 is at supplement of £30.00 per room, subject to availability.
- Single Sex Groups – As the Big Blue is a family hotel we are unable to accept single sex groups/parties of more than 3 rooms. If we become aware that this term has been breached then we reserve the right to refuse check in, and a refund of the deposit is at our discretion.
- Dog Policy – The hotel accommodates dogs in designated bedrooms, details of our policy in relation to the accommodation of dogs and applicable charges can be found at https://www.bigbluehotel.com/faq
- All Guests who stay at the Big Blue Hotel are required to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests, especially as the Big Blue Hotel is a family oriented hotel. If, in the opinion of the Hotel Management, your behaviour is causing, or is likely to cause, fear, distress, anger or annoyance to you, or other guests, or our staff, or damage to property, we reserve the right to terminate your hotel accommodation at any time. In the event of such termination then our liability to you and guests will discontinue, and such persons will be required to leave the hotel immediately and we shall have no further liability to such persons, including a refund of any payments made. A minimum of one guest aged 18 or over is required in all rooms.
- Smoking – all bedrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are designated non-smoking; and should this term be breached by you or guests then a minimum £300.00 cleaning charge shall arise which we shall apply to you credit/debit card.
- Suites – Suites are designated adults only and accommodate guests who are over 18 years of age. No guests under the age of 18 years may be accommodated in these rooms.
- The possession and/or use of (i) drugs (excluding alcohol and cigarettes) which have not been prescribed by a registered medical practitioner or are available as over the counter medicines (ie pharmaceutical drugs) or (ii) drug paraphernalia is not permitted within the Hotel and if such are found by us then they will be confiscated and a report made to the Police and in such circumstances we reserve the right to terminate your hotel accommodation at any time. In the event of such termination then our liability to you and guests will discontinue, and such persons will be required to leave the hotel immediately and we shall have no further obligations to such persons, including a refund of any payments made. We shall be entitled to impose a minimum charge of £300 to cover administration and cleaning costs and this charge shall be taken from your credit/debit card.
- If a reservation is to be taken by us for dining within our restaurants on certain calendar dates including but not limited to Valentines Day, Easter, Mothers Day, Fathers Day and New Years Eve then a deposit shall be required where the number of persons attending is 10 or more and in the event that the reservation is cancelled then the deposit shall not be refunded.
- Lost Property – Any left items at the hotel will be kept for 1 month only. Please call the hotel to check if your item/s have been found. If we do have the item you are required to make your own arrangements for collection/delivery and associated costs. We suggest using a courier service such as My Hermes (www.myhermes.co.uk). The Hotel will parcel up your item ready for collection by your chosen courier service. Please forward any postage labels or details required to go on the parcel along with the date it is to be collected. Whilst we will use our reasonable endeavors to assist in the return of lost property we do not accept any liability for items collected and/or their delivery to you.
- In the public areas of the Hotel (and in some staff areas) CCTV is in operation and recordings are made and kept for a period of time. The use of CCTV and the recordings are for the purpose of management of the hotel operation and for security purposes.
- Except in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or breach of Statutory duty or as provided for in these terms and conditions we shall have no liability to you or a guest by reason of any representation (unless fraudulent) or any implied warranty, condition or other term, or any duty under common law for any loss of profit (direct or indirect), special or consequential loss, damage, costs , expenses, or other claims which arise out of the provision of accommodation or ancillary services and in any event the our liability to you or a guest shall not exceed the amount of the charge made by us for accommodation.
- English Law shall apply to our contractual relationship with you and the Courts of England shall have the exclusive jurisdiction to determine all disputes arising.
- Hotel images shown on website and booking pages are for illustration purposes only, room layouts and sizes may vary and are subject to change.