Reservation Terms & Conditions
By making your reservation you agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
- At check in we will verify your stay, rates quoted are based on arrival date and length of stay. If you choose to depart early the price is subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel/modify reservations where it appears that a customer has engaged in fraudulent or inappropriate activity or under circumstances where it appears that the reservation contains or resulted from a mistake or error.
- Payment – payment is due on arrival unless an advance purchase rate is reserved, no pre-payments may be made within 3 days of arrival.
- Rates – rates displayed are subject to availability and current at the time of reservation, rates are dependent on occupancy and therefore only valid for the occupancy entered & shown in confirmation. Advance purchase require full non-refundable and non-transferable payment, we advise insurance at your discretion, these rates may be reserved a minimum of 3 days in advance of arrival date, subject to availability. Advance purchase rate must be reserved a minimum of three days prior to the arrival date. When booking advance purchase/prepay rates by telephone or through a third party the card used for payment of the reservation/s must be presented on arrival for additional verification and card security, failure to present the card may result in accommodation being refused or the requirement of a refundable deposit at the hotel’s discretion.
- Non Arrival – In the event of a non-arrival the first night’s room rate will be chargeable to the card provided to guarantee, in the event of non-arrival on advance purchase the full charge will be forfeited. Rooms are held for 1 night, failure to arrive on the specified date will forfeit any subsequent night/s.
- Facilities – All facilities including parking are subject to availability, cannot be prior reserved or guaranteed.
- New Year – Unless staying on the hotel’s New Year Residential Package then stays will be on a bed & breakfast basis only. The Blues Brasserie will be unavailable for dinner service and entertainment is not included.
- Family rooms accommodate two adults and two children, by prior arrangement a further child may be accommodated. Family rooms are recommended for children up to twelve years of age or under 5ft in height – please note that the children’s bunk beds in family rooms have a sleeping space of approximately 5ft (6ft in deluxe family rooms). The maximum number of adults in any room is strictly two.
- Parking – A reservation at the Hotel does not entitle guaranteed parking, parking cannot be reserved and is subject to availability. Parking is at own risk and the Hotel cannot accept responsibility for any loss, damage or claim to vehicles or item/s left in vehicles. Parking is chargeable at £15.00 per vehicle per night (12 midday – 12 midday).
- Requests – We make every effort to accommodate requests however on occasion it may not be possible to do so. The Hotel accepts no responsibility for accommodating requests and regret we cannot accept conditional reservation (a booking specified to be conditional on the fulfillment of a request).
- Check In/Check Out – Rooms are available from 3pm on the day of arrival until 11am on the day of departure, check in times cannot be guaranteed. A luggage room is available – items are left at own risk and the Hotel accepts no responsibility for items left. Late check out till 13:00 is at supplement of £30.00 per room, subject to availability.
- Single Sex Groups – As the Big Blue is a family hotel we are unable to accept single sex groups/parties of more than 3 rooms. The hotel reserves the right to refuse check in or ask for a refundable deposit at the hotel’s discretion.
- Dog Policy – The hotel accommodates dogs in designated bedrooms, details of our policy in relation to the accommodation of dogs and applicable charges can be found at https://www.bigbluehotel.com/faq
- All Guests who stay at the Big Blue Hotel are expected to conduct themselves in an orderly and acceptable manner and not to disrupt the enjoyment of other guests please be aware that Big Blue Hotel is a family oriented hotel. If in the opinion of the Hotel Management your behavior is causing or is likely to cause distress, anger or annoyance to yourself or other guests or damage to property we reserve the right to terminate your hotel accommodation at any time. In the event of such termination the hotel’s liability to such persons will discontinue and such persons will be required to leave the hotel immediately and we shall have no further obligations to such persons.
- Smoking – all bedrooms, meeting rooms and public areas are designated non-smoking; there is a smoking area available – a minimum £300.00 cleaning charge is applicable for smoking in guestrooms.
- Suites – Suites are designated adults only and accommodate guests 18 years +. No guests under the age of 18 years may be accommodated in these rooms.
- Please note that Big Blue Hotel does not accommodate any single sex groups/parties of more than three rooms and the hotel reserves the right to refuse check in or ask for a refundable deposit at the hotel’s discretion.
- Lost Property – Any left items at the hotel will be kept for 1 month only. Please call the hotel to confirm if your item/s have been found, if we do have the item you are required to make your own arrangements for postage. We suggest using a courier service such as My Hermes (www.myhermes.co.uk). The Hotel will parcel up your item ready for collection by your chosen courier service. Please forward any postage labels or details required to go on the parcel along with the date it is to be collected.
NB – Images shown on website and booking pages are for illustration purposes only, room layouts and sizes are variable.